ADMISSION POLICIES AND PROCEDURE
We are happy to announce that the application for Academic Year 2018-2019 is now open!
GENERAL INFORMATION ON FRESHMEN ADMISSION
Academic Year 2018-2019
Dates Deadline of Submission of Requirements Remarks
January 13 , 2018 January 6, 2018 Final List Of Examinees
January 27 , 2018 January 20 , 2018 Slots Full
February 10, 2018 February 3, 2018 Slots Full
February 17, 2018 February 10, 2018
June 16, 2018 June 9,2018 For applicants abroad
Schedules are subject to change. Please visit our website for updates.
I. Application for Velez College Entrance Test (VCET)
1. Secure the application form from the Office of Students Affairs and Services (OSSA) located at the Ground Flr. of ASB or download from http://www.velezcollege.com/.
2. Submit the required documents to the Office of Students Affairs and Services (OSSA) personally or through any courier service (e.g. LBC, FedEx, DHL, etc.) at least two weeks prior to the entrance examination date.
A. Completed Application form
B. Two (2) pieces recent colored 2 x 2 ID pictures with white background and with name tag.
C. Certified True Copy of Senior High School Card (Grade 11 and Grade 12 – first semester, 1st & 2nd grading ) with a GPA of atleast 80%
D. Clear photocopy of NSO
E. Photocopy of any valid ID
F. Long brown envelope (write name at the upper left corner with a black marker)
3. Pay the non-refundable testing fee of Php 600 at the Cashier’s Office and ask for a receipt. You may also deposit your testing fee on the following account:
BDO: Account Name: Velez College INC.
Account #: 6 1000 716 21
Scan deposit slip and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Secure test permit from the OSSA. Check the examination date, time and room assignment before leaving the office. Read and follow instructions stated in the examination permit.
5. Take the VCET Admission Test as scheduled. Please wear proper attire.
Ø For applicants outside Cebu, please have your documents evaluated by the admission committee before booking a flight.
Ø Please be advised that the admission office will not entertain applications from December 20, 2017 to January 2, 2018.
Ø Our office schedule is from 8:00-12:00, 2:00-5:00 M-F, 8:00-12:00 Sat.
II. Taking the Velez College Entrance Test (VCET)
1. Go to your designated testing room or interview room on the date specified in your test permit. Please wear proper/ decent attire.
2. Accompanying parents or significant others are requested to wait outside the ASB.
3. Bring your exam permit, school I.D., 2 pcs. mongol pencil #2, sharpener, rubber eraser, and snacks (the test will last about four hours).
4. The use of cell phones, calculating devices, and/or cameras during the test is strictly prohibited and will be a cause for immediate rejection of application for admission to Velez College.
III. VCET RESULTS
1. Check Velez College for announcements and posting. Personal messages will also be sent to all examinees.
2. For qualified applicants (please refer to list of successful examinees); Download and fill out the “Confirmation for Enrollment Form” here.
3. Confirmation of enrollment can be done in two (2) ways:
A. Walk-in confirmation: Go to the Registrar’s Office and get a “Confirmation for Enrollment Form”. Confirmation payment (PHP5,000.00) shall be done at the Velez College Cashier.
B. Fast-mail confirmation; Mail the following to Registrar’s Office, VELEZ COLLEGE , 41 F. Ramos St., Cebu City 6000 Philippines
* Filled out “Confirmation for Enrollment Form”
* Photocopy of payment receipt with applicant’s name
* Photocopy of parent / guardian’s ID
4. Pay reservation fee (PHP 5,000.00) to BDO using the following account:
BDO: Account Name: VELEZ COLLEGE INC.; Account #: 6 1000 716 21
This reservation fee shall not be refunded in the event that the student withdraws his/her enrolment after registration for whatever reason. If the student pursues his/her studies at the Velez College, the commitment fee shall be applied to the school fees and charges for the term.
**Please be advised that the Guidance Office and Office of the Student Services and Affairs (OSSA) are both located at the ARTS and SCIENCES BUILDING OF VELEZ COLLEGE, located at the back of Raintree Mall. Please use the Raintree Mall Entrance to access these offices. All concerns on ADMISSION will be entertained at these offices.**